An FIR was Monday registered here against social networking site Facebook on a complaint that claimed a group on the site exhorts people to slaughter cows, police said. The site was booked under penal provisions and under the Information Technology (IT) Act, 2000, on the complaint filed by senior police officer Amitabh Thakur. In his complaint filed at Gomtinagar police station, Thakur alleged ...
HAVANA (AP) — A U.S. diplomat has become a sort of tweeter-in-chief for the U.S. mission in Cuba, reaching out to some of Washington's most vocal critics on the island.The U.S. Interests Section has long cultivated ties to dissident bloggers and tweeters. But the mission's deputy chief Conrad Tribble has been reaching out to the communist Twitteratti as well.That has prompted ...
Sprint plans to expand its Long-Term Evolution network. Sprint Nextel raised its offer for the wireless network operator Clearwire on Tuesday, just hours before shareholders were scheduled to vote on its earlier ...
A new poll finds that teens are sharing more about themselves on social media. They're also moving increasingly to Twitter to avoid their parents and the "oversharing" that they see on ...
Be like a dolphin Dolphins sleep with one eye open, to stay semi-alert to lurking predators and unexpected danger. If you need to use your phone in the wilds of the subway or sidewalk , do so discreetly, reserving at least a portion of your cognitive capacity for minding what is happening around you. Avoid leaving your phone on the table at restaurants, bars and coffee shops where it can easily ...
74.7°F Thunderstorms and Rain
Winds: From the East at 5.0 MPH
Letter Never Sent (Neotpravlennoye pismo) [Blu-Ray]
Mikhail Kalatozov, whose career stretched from the silent era into the early 1970s, was always too dazzling a visual stylist for Soviet cinema. Like his contemporary, the great Sergei Eisenstein, his artistry often got in the way of his propaganda, and he found himself on the w ... ...
FORTUNE -- With data analytics now one of the fastest growing fields in IT, it stands to reason that data scientists are in demand. That's great for people with the requisite skills. The problem, according to Peter Sondergaard, a senior vice president at IT research firm Gartner, is that there aren't enough of them. Of the almost 2 million openings he expects over the next three years ...
Apple executives defended the company's tax strategy on Capitol Hill Tuesday, claiming that it pays one of the highest effective tax rates of any major ...
AAPL ) achievements with outrage over its "convoluted and pernicious" (McCain's words) tax avoidance strategies. Sen. Rand Paul showed no such balance. He lit into his own committee's leadership for "dragging" one of America's great success stories into what he called a "show trial." "I'm offended by the tone of these hearings," he ...
Bad news for Manhattanites who use Airbnb to rent out their apartments temporarily: New York City officials have ruled that the service violates an "illegal hotel" ...
Tumblr allows users to share their thoughts for free with a community of bloggers. A friend of Karp's describes Tumblr as "a place for the lonely to be less lonely." Search for just about anything and you can find a community built around that topic. That friend said that if Karp had not been a bit of a loner himself, when he was a teen, he may not have even been able to envision ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
This hotel is located right in the heart of the CBD of Sydney in Jamison Street. The hotel neighbours the ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Orlando EchoOrlando Echo – News bulletins on Orlando and Southeast Florida
The Orlando Echo is essentially a local Orlando newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Orlando, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Orlando, Florida, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Orlando Echo.
Supermodel Miranda Kerr likes to wear her husband Orlando Bloom's clothes because it makes her feel closer to him.
The 30-year-old steals items from her husband's wardrobe also because she likes his relaxed rock 'n' roll style.
"Sometimes I wear my husband's jacket or T-shirt. It feels good because it's his and it's fun to mix it up," contactmusic.com quoted Kerr as saying.
Kerr, who is known for her sexy and sophisticated style, insists that one can't go wrong with classic pieces which flatter your body shape.
Quizzed about her wardrobe staples, she said: "A great pair of jeans or a cool blazer. I also like a high waisted skirt. It's really important to find out what works for you as an individual, so find pieces that you know flatter your body shaped."
"That's what I try to do. Experimenting with fashion is fun," she added.
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- Miranda Kerr flashes bare boobs on Miami Beach
- Fla. mom man accused of abuse in childs death
- Orlando foreclosure toll is $720 million report says
- Victim of face-eating attack content and coping
- Tampa Port Authority rejects Channelside deal
- Vote Which of These New Broadcast Dramas Will Get Canceled First
- Mindgrub opens marketing offices in D.C. Boston and Philly
- Patrick Cannon will run for mayor Charlotte
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event Internet World 2013 in London
- ED GOLDMAN Back in the dark days of 2009
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- US senators approve immigration changes requiring fingerprint system at 30 airports
- Obama admin to hand over some CIA drone operations to Pentagon
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- More hotels offering free breakfast
- Pegasus Solutions Reports that Global Corporate Bookings Set New Growth Record in April
- Lausanne Switzerlands Beau-Rivage Palace Completes First Phase of Major Renovation Unveiling 37 Newly Renovated Rooms and Suites
- 107 Room Hilton Garden Inn RochesterPittsford Opens
- JPMorgans Dimon wins by a landslide
- Investors shift focus to Bernanke
- New Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index Commentary Offers Insight into April Hedge Fund Performance
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks up slightly on Fed’s ‘QE’ hints
- U.S. stocks open higher with Fed speakers on tap
- Mattingly doesnt expect struggling Dodgers to fire him Im still here
- Yankees Man City To Co-Own MLS Expansion Team In NYC
- Edwards Top 20 coaches of all time
- Jaguars Love on Diabetes Im a fighter
- Chargers rookie sorry he wore Raiders cap
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Orlando Echo headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Local church heads to Okla. to help with disaster relief
- Mayor of Melbourne Beach resigns
- Action 9 confronts unlicensed contractors
- Police Man locked teen in van forced her into prostitution
- Fisherman missing in Osceola lake