An Australian has been charged under anti-terrorist laws for issuing a how-to list on Facebook for how young men can engage in holy war without getting killed or ending up in Guantanamo Bay. Zaky Mallah had travelled to Syria and lived with the rebels engaged in the bloody civil war against Muslim hardliner President Bashar al-Assad. He has posted some top tips for joining jihad and ...
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has revealed that the search engine is in talks to acquire Tumblr for a billion dollars, and enter the premier league of social media. Mayer said she is in talks with Tumblr's David Karp about the deal that would potentially add 15 billion page views a month to Mayer's hoard and restore Yahoo's popularity. CNN reports, the biggest problem of Yahoo is having advertisers. ...
Australian Test batsmen David Warner has come under investigation after he posted expletive-laden tirade on the social media against the journalists of a reputed Australian media company. A series of fiery rants were posted on the Twitter account of Warner, in response to News Limited journalist Robert Craddock's article on the perils of the rich and corrupt Indian Premier League, News.com.au ...
Australia's education minister Peter Collier has apologized for an embarrassing Facebook indiscretion which revealed that he had liked a picture of a Young Liberal showing his genitals. The minister was aged 16 at the time and had participated in a trend called 'sneaky nuts', which is termed as a practice to secretly show both testicles while standing in the background of a photo, News.com.au ...
Facebook 's shares have still not returned to the level of their IPO, but the social network has found success in other ways. In fact, according to Juliette Garside ...
Welcome to Mooseport
Welcome to Mooseport is a political satire that wants to be little more than a warmnfuzzy comedy. Theres plenty of ripe comedic potential for skewering politics, but the movie bypasses almost all of it. In some ways, this is a letdown, but the result, watered ... ...
Australian batsman David Warner is under investigation following comments on his Twitter account directed against two of the country's leading cricket writers. Photo by: Cameron ...
FACEBOOK chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg says it's OK for women to cry at work, share emotions and be honest about their femininity. Sandberg shot to global fame after the publication of her best-selling book Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, which talks about women's career struggles and advises women to "lean in" to reach their potential. It has drawn bouquets ...
Cricket Australia says it is attempting to contact test opener David Warner over reported comments he made on Twitter in terse and often angry exchanges with two ...
shared servers, which means a plethora of websites can be hosted on the same server with the same IP address. Why should I care? As with a house, a neighbourhood can have quite a large impact on the value of the property. The same applies to domain names and servers; if there is a site of ill repute or questionable content hosted on the same server as your website, this can have a negative ...
She told him she was sick of it. He never listened. If he'd looked up from the TV, he'd have seen the gun. He sighed. "Shoot," he said.o Sabine ...
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Plaza, New York City
The Plaza had two entrances, both attended by a Concierge. On arrival my car was greeted enthusiastically with assistance with ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Orlando EchoOrlando Echo – News bulletins on Orlando and Southeast Florida
The Orlando Echo is essentially a local Orlando newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Orlando, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Orlando, Florida, United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Orlando Echo.
Another bench warrant has been issued for troubled actor Orlando Brown after he skipped a court hearing relating to his 2011 arrest for driving under the influence (DUI).
The former 'That's So Raven' star was scheduled to prove on Wednesday that he had completed an alcohol education programme and attended alcohol counselling sessions as part of his probation for the two-year-old case, Contactmusic reported.
But according to TMZ.com, when the actor failed to show, the Los Angeles judge issued a bench warrant allowing police to take him into custody. (ANI)
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Luxury Dubai hotel set to close for revamp
- Hotel chain’s just blowing smoke
- American Airlines flight diverted to Aruba because of mechanical problem
- Sarawak Brunei Tourism Board To Establish Smart Partnership
- Lowe others reflect on his 10-year tenure
- Many workplaces insure domestic partners some now also pay the tax on benefits
- New owners of St. Petersburg ALF have imperfect record
- Man dies after crashing into school bus
- Pill mill doc pleads guilty to drug tax charges
- Ocado enters sale and lease back deal with Morrisons for Dordon facility
- Government agencies have procured over 243 lakh tons of wheat
- 6 travel agents rewarded for tour promotions in Haitang Bay Sanya
- Technology Is Changing the Way We Market—and Spend
- A year after lacklustre IPO Facebook looks to become an advertising giant
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- US president calls for more embassy security funding
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scribbled note in boat as munhunt was on
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- US First Lady laments culture of African Americans aspiring to be baller or rapper
- Travel Industry Leaders Discuss Tourism’s Impact on the U.S. Economy and Changing Vacation Demographics
- Wanda Hotels and Resorts to Expand IDeaS Revenue Management Support Across All Group Managed Hotels
- Bloomingdales Castle foundation show improved perceptions of Hawaiis economy
- New president downtown store for LaCrosse
- Shangri-La opens at the Bosphorus.
- Indian American Vivek Ranadive buys US basketball team
- Indian-headed group buys Sacramento Kings NBA team
- Watson motivated by US defeats
- Nicklaus tribute to Venturi
- Ed Fountaine’s Stakes Spot Plays
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Orlando Echo headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Report N Korea fires short-range missiles
- Feds to probe Connecticut train crash
- Report Police used code word to target African Americans
- The IRS by the numbers
- Black bear once captured in Orlando captured again in Tampa